Activities at the Centres include:
|Sports||Arts and Culture|
|Snacks||PJs and Movies|
|Pool Days||Kids in the Kitchen|
|BBQ Day||Theme Days|
FREE SUMMER PROGRAM!
Brandon's Youth Activity Centres (YAC) is a FREE program where youth aged 9 to 15 (YAC East, YAC Central & YAC West) or for youth 7 to 9 years of age (YAC North) can go during the summer months. It is the ideal way for youth to spend their summer hanging out with friends and creating new friendships while playing great games and taking part in fun activities.
The planned activities and events engage youth and provides healthy opportunities for them. YAC East is now in its 13th year of operation and is located at the East End Community Centre, YAC Central in its 7th year and will be held out of the Central Community Centre and the West End Community Centre and YAC North is in its 6th year and will be held out of the North End Community Centre.
For safety and health reasons, youth who do not fall into the appropriate age categories will not be able to participate. This is to ensure that youth can participate with other youth in their age range and take full benefit of the activities offered.
INFORMATION & CALENDARS
East End Community Centre, 405 Park Street
Central Community Centre, 529 4th Street
West End Community Centre, 247 23rd Street
North End Community Centre, 1313 Stickney Avenue
From the Parents/Guardians
- YAC was great. This was the first year my child has went to YAC and she enjoyed it. She couldn't wait for Monday and she was sad on Friday’s. She liked all the leaders and really enjoyed all the activities. This is a great summer program.
- Thank you so much everybody. I appreciate the time you've given my son. I’ll never forget this summer.
- I am just emailing to let you know about the fabulous job that everyone is doing. As my son is attending the program he is in the central location at 638 Princess. Every day he comes home with stories and how nice everyone is. He enjoyed the little crafts that they do cause it comes along with a story. I really have to thank the workers as well, my son has ADHD and they really know how to work with him. I am so happy he is of age, this has been by far the best summer program he has attended since he was young. Best part about it, is it is free, the workers are educated and know what they are doing. I am beyond words on how happy my son and I are with his new summer program J, I just wanted you to know.
YAC Central Parents
- I believe YAC is one of the best programs the city had to offer. It gives youth a place to be active and have fun without charging a huge fee. The supervisors (leaders) were all enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking.
YAC East Parents
- My grandson really enjoyed YAC. He likes the instructors. He enjoys meeting new people and also seeing some of his friends from school. He really enjoyed all the activities this year. I would like to see this run all year on Saturdays or Sundays when school is in.
- I think the YAC program is very good for the kids. Also should be offered year round, saves kids from getting in trouble.
- YAC leaders show children how to interact with other kids. A child who learns this skill will have insight on dealing with others.
- Thank you for making my child’s summer fun.
- My children love coming to YAC. They don’t even want to go on holidays in case they miss something they really enjoy. It is a great program.
- YAC gave my son the opportunity to have a safe, fun-filled summer with children his age.
- The kids really enjoy it. Can’t wait for the day to begin. I wouldn’t mind even paying a fee for a longer day.
- Kids have someplace safe to play and enjoy summer with friends. Parents can work without worry of children’s safety.
- Instructors have taught my son to stay out of trouble when confronted by others, greatly reduced the amount of tv time he has and I appreciate this program and willing to contribute anything to keep it going every summer.
YAC South Parents
BRANDON SURGICAL CENTRE
Dynamic Physiotherapy and Sports Injury
Check our our Sponsorship Opportunities
Cora Lee, Community Development Programmer